Addressing some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Samman Association Membership:
1. Why should I become a member?
By becoming a member you can:
- join Support Group Meetings (SGM),
- seek counseling from psychologists regarding epilepsy and beyond
- meet and interact with fellow epilepsy warriors (online or in person) as well as their caregivers
- address your queries and questions about epilepsy and understand how to get better
- avail partial reimbursements for medicines prescribed to you by showing proper invoices, bills, etc.
- be a part of Samman WhatsApp group where you can stay connected with the members
2. What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- By becoming a member of Samman, you can attend SGM conducted by Samman.
- You can also attend events about epilepsy across town.
- You can avail reimbursements for medicines purchased (available for the PWE struggling financially) on showing the invoices.
- Personal and group therapy.
- Counseling related to epilepsy, employment, health, relationships, work-life balance and family, etc.
- Invitation to group activities conducted by Samman.
- Invitation to exclusive picnic (conducted once a year) for members.
3. Who can become a member?
Anyone can become a Samman member. Whether you are a person with epilepsy, caregiver, well-wisher, neurologist, physician, researcher, psychologist, or from any background – all are welcome to become members of Samman.
4. What are the types of memberships available?
You can either become a Lifetime member or a Yearly member (see below).
|Particulars||Lifetime Membership||Yearly Membership|
|Meaning||Lifetime membership allows you to be a member for life.||Yearly membership allows you to be a member only for one year.|
|Time period||Life membership has no time restrictions of any kind. Once a life member, always a life member.||Yearly membership has a time restriction of one year which can be renewed or updated to life membership subsequently.|
|SGM attendance||You can attend SGMs and events held by Samman for life.||You can attend SGMs and events held by Samman for one year only.|
|Counseling and Therapy||As per the availability of counselors, you can seek group help or personal therapy and there are no time restrictions of any kind for it.||As per the availability of counselors, you can seek group help or personal therapy for a period of one year until a renewal or upgrading to life membership.|
|Financial Support||Samman Association partially reimburses the life members for the cost of medicines borne by them on submitting proper invoices and payment copies.||NA|
|Picnics||Life members can join the picnics and annual events held by Samman.||Life members can join the picnics and annual events held by Samman for one year only|
|IEA recognition||Life Members are also registered with the Indian Epilepsy Association and can join events and meetings held by them.||NA|
|Membership Fees||Rs.1000/- for Lifetime membership||Rs.100/- for yearly membership|
5. How can I become a member?
You can either fill this Google Form or drop us an email at [email protected] with your membership request. Alternatively, you can download and mail this PDF form to the address given on the form along with your cheque.
Rights of Admission reserved with the Managing Committee of Samman Association.
6. Where is Samman Association’s office?
Our office is on the first floor of ADAPT in Bandra Reclamation, Mumbai.
Find more about our address and contact information here.